ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 145,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 145,000 today to millions.
The Staff Platform Engineer is an engineering leadership role to define and deliver our SaaS platform's future state. This person will play a critical role in advocating, designing, and implementing technology solutions to scale our platform to support our rapidly growing customer base. This position plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's goal to be the highly evolutionary architecture that helps build scalable and resilient services.
What your day could consist of:
- Design and implement agile innovative platform components for a leading marketing cloud SaaS offering with 100K+ business customers around the world.
- Design and develop core components and tooling that will enable product engineering to consume platform services consistently.
- Design, implement and integrate event-driven microservices-based framework, API Gateway, Event Streaming, event tracking, and other common platform components.
- Able to identify and build common core platform components to improve productivity and reduce cycle times.
- Work with performance engineering teams to improve end to end performance for future state architecture.
- Collaborate with various teams and advocate for best practices and standards.
- Work closely with geographically distributed product, security, and platform engineering teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Provide cloud architecture best practices guidance to SRE, DBRE, Security, Product Engineering, DevOps Engineering teams in the company.
- Design and build platform components spanning multiple data centers.
- Collaborate with different teams on building authz/authn solutions
What is needed:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years as a hands-on lead engineer on platform components.
- Experience implementing API Gateways, Streaming, event tracking.
- Experience with various API standards like Open API and GraphQL etc.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases. Able to assess and recommend right persistence stores for various use cases.
- Experience with building real-time event stream-based data pipelines using Kafka, Amazon Kinesis etc.
- Experience with distributed in-memory datastores like Redis and Memcached.
- Experience with low latency and high throughput services.
- Experience designing and implementing various access control models including authentication and authorization.
- Experience in AWS IaaS and PaaS services is highly preferred.
- Ability to build consensus and provide advisory to leadership.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated and strong sense of ownership of tasks.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.