Staff Security Engineer - DevSecOps Team at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Product Security is shifting-everywhere and enabling ServiceNow engineers to build-in security throughout the SSDL. The DevSecOps team builds, integrates, and scales security services and to help ServiceNow simplify security activities for thousands of internal customers.
As a member of the DevSecOps team, you will help with the deployment, integration, and scale of containerized security services to support SAST, DAST and SCA functions across ServiceNow. In addition, you will help build ServiceNow Apps for the Product Security team to support security activities at scale and make work, work better for engineers, IT developers and operations. You will work closely with build engineering and infrastructure operations teams to deploy and maintain scalable containerized system images for application security toolchains.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build / maintain automations to assist on-demand autoscaling services using Kubernetes and AWS
- Integrate vulnerability management services into Jenkins build jobs and the ServiceNow ALM platform
- Support Security Champions Program relating to CI/CD integrations
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of experience as a build engineer or developer, including expertise in dependency management tools (such as Maven and NPM) and CI/CD platforms (such as Jenkins)
- Lead or significantly contributed to medium-to-large feature releases; usually multi-person projects that cross engineering team boundaries.
- Become a clear expert in one or more technical areas.
- Mentored multiple engineers.
- 4+ years of experience working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS required, Azure and GCP nice to have) and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- 4+ years of Linux administration experience and package management (RPM)
- 3+ years of scripting experience (Groovy and Python)
- 3+ years of experience with Nexus or Artifactory
- 2+ years of experience with static application security testing, dynamic application security testing or software composition analysis tool chains
- Experience with functional testing frameworks such as Selenium, Geb / Spock a plus but not required
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.