Staff Site Reliability Engineer - Federal at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Join our exciting Site Reliability Engineering team!
Use your technical experience in Linux systems and professional experience in scripting, database and network
Be part of a team that embraces growth mindset and continuous mentoring
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure.
- Utilise your experience in software development, systems engineering, and networking to proactively prevent repeatable issues.
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Drive a culture of intolerance to manual activity which results in a highly automated environment delivering scalable solutions.
- Drive monitoring and automation initiatives
To be successful in this role you have to have :
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems
- 5+ years’ experience with DevOps automation, CI/CD pipeline
- Professional experience with Cloud technologies (Azure will be highly regarded)
- Expertise in observability and monitoring of applications, services, and networks at scale
- MySQL database management, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Networking skills, IP addressing and routing.
- Team-first attitude and an uncompromising attention to detail.
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Capability to work in night shift that cover one weekend day (we consider candidates from anywhere in Australia)
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow Platform is a bonus
NOTE: Due to the nature of work related to this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a federal security clearance, thus Australian Citizenship is a mustAdditional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.