Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Pricing Engineering team's mission is to deliver a scalable platform for the pricing and configuration of Affirm's merchant services. This team partners closely with our product managers and business teams to deliver honest and transparent financial products that deliver values to all parties in the Affirm ecosystem through financing services. Investing in a robust pricing platform will be essential as we scale the company to be a cornerstone of ecommerce and offline retail around the world.
We are looking for highly motivated staff engineers to help us build the future of pricing at Affirm. Come join us!
What you'll do
- Plan, execute, and own multi-team technical projects, including: project definition, technical specification, task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance
- Architect high scale, high visibility software systems -- our APIs form the foundation of our merchant relationship
- Work alongside the Pricing technical leads to collaborate with the greater engineering organization
- Generate simple and elegant frameworks, services, and tools, that are easily deployed and debugged. Write high-quality, easily understood, code
- Review others' work and provide constructive feedback in order to maintain high and consistent quality standards across teams
- Educate, lead, and mentor junior engineers and drive improvement around design, coding, and testing
What we look for
- 6-10+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring engineers
- Passion for partnering with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience (ours, our partners', and our company's) as we do the design of our engineering systems
- Experience building financial systems is a plus
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.