Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Provisioning - Next Gen Tools at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- As a Staff Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform group building Cloud Infrastructure Services and APIs to manage the full lifecycle of application and database code. Performance, reliability, scalability, and high availability are always at the core of our work.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and systems quickly
- Advanced level understanding of Centos/RHEL OS and experience installing & maintaining services.
- Advanced level understanding of implementing large scale Kubernetes clusters
- Familiarity with a Linux command prompt for both administration and shell scripting
- 10+ years of experience in coding efficient, object-oriented, modularized and quality software
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success working independently and as a team to complete complex projects, on time
- Experience developing, building, and maintaining a platform for a large-scale Enterprise Application with 10,000+ physical hosts
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, and various intermittent failures across the stack
- Ability to deal with interruptions and adapt to changing priorities within the team.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in a DevOps/GitOps environment
- Experience with Cloud Technologies - OpenStack, AWS, or Azure
- Experience working in an internal customer focused environment
- Loves database technologies with experience developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing relational databases including Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgresSQL, as well as time series database technologies.
- Familiarity with Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, VirtualBox, and RubyMine are a plus
- Familiarity with using git to manage source code
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.