Staff Software Engineer/ Tech Lead, Frontend (Multi Platform) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Multi Platform Product team is responsible for deploying Affirm’s core user journey across our iOS, Android and Web clients. We help customers that are just getting started with Affirm and evaluating their financing options, all the way through to taking out their loans. Our opinionated and scalable architecture allows our team to develop new products rapidly and iterate on existing products even faster, all while supporting our 3 client platforms with one codebase.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Engineer to join us as a tech lead and help evolve our stack to ensure we’re providing the best possible user experience while maintaining the velocity our internal teams demand of us. You will be expected to move incredibly fast in this high impact, high visibility role.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the technical leader for our Multi Platform Product platform.
- Collaborate with our product and engineering partners across the organization to inform our design and architecture.
- Lead and maintain a roadmap that unlocks the goals and products our team needs to support.
- Serve as a technical resources and engineering mentor for engineers on our team and across the broader frontend organization.
- Build processes and systems that support team growth and efficiency.
- Build a detailed understanding of our business goals and priorities.
- Look for, and implement, improvements to the end-to-end experience for developers working on our systems.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that embraces the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- Technical leadership; capable of providing mentorship, cross-functional project execution, technical vision and strategy.
- Proven experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex front-end systems.
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end tech stacks across web and mobile platforms.
- Experience with modern technologies and techniques for multiplatform UI, including web based solutions, native-bridged solutions such as React Native, or server-driven UI.
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders from product and design.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.