The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies and research environment to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for an experienced storage engineer who enjoys being challenged, appreciates a flat reporting structure, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will take over the management of our existing storage infrastructure and be responsible for the design, automation, and management of future storage solutions to support our large-scale research environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team focused on HPC storage and help set the direction for storage solutions at HRT. You’ll have plenty of freedom to research, propose, and test new hardware and software to improve the performance and usability of our research environment.
- Design and manage a variety of storage solutions
- Research and experiment with new storage solutions
- Troubleshoot complex storage, OS, and networking issues
- Build tools to improve the performance and monitoring of storage clusters
- Extensive knowledge of distributed file systems used for large-scale cluster computing (Lustre, CephFS, GPFS, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Linux troubleshooting and NFS
- Deep knowledge of Linux software RAID, ZFS, and other linux Filesystems
- Strong Python and shell scripting experience
- Strong communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in HPC-like environments with large scale storage deployments greater than 1PB
- Ability to fix and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.