Supplier Quality Engineer at Fast Radius
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:51 a.m. (CST) on Monday, March 7, 2022
What we are looking for: We are seeking a self-motivated quality engineer to manage the daily transactional quality requirements between our customers and external manufacturing supply partners. The ideal candidate will have quality experience in the areas of CNC, injection molding, and cast urethane. This fast-paced industry has exciting opportunities and is growing daily. Applicants should have willingness to be quickly trained and dive into the role and can work independently with minimal supervision.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
About the Role:
- The Quality Engineer – External Manufacturing will manage all quality transactional elements between the Fast Radius external supply partner and the customer. This includes, but is not limited to, CNC, injection molding, sheet metal, and cast urethane quality requirements, specifications, tolerance bands, drawings, and capabilities.
- Will serve as the primary quality communicator and liaison between supply chain and the customer (and customer application engineering and customer success) on supplier capabilities and customer requirements focused on specific purchase orders and jobs.
- Must understand CNC, injection molding, and cast urethane technology and capabilities.
- Ensure that any customer regulatory, certification, or related requirements for supplier job work are clearly identified and a path established to address and communicate internally and to the customer.
- Review supplier partner quality inspection data and provide guidance to the supplier while supporting customer requirements.
- Act as a technical liaison between Fast Radius, supplier partner and customers, on quality specification review, troubleshooting, rework/repair, remediation, and corrective action related to specific jobs and work orders
- Participate in planned production activity meetings with Fast Radius and the external suppliers to review upcoming quality requirements and timelines from the customers.
- Ensure that customer and supplier quality documentation and inspection results are complete, organized, and available for review.
- Will work with the following Fast Radius functions to ensure that customer requirements and supplier capabilities are aligned, and gaps identified and addressed - Supply Chain, Customer Application Engineering, Customer Success, and Quality.
- Will work with the Supplier Quality team to ensure that required all supplier process controls are in place to support the AS certification and customer audits.
- Will serve as quality lead facilitator on ensuring that customer orders and supplier deliverables are aligned.
- Will work with on identifying all trends and customer feedback via the CCL program and deliver appropriate training and feedback to the external supplier and internal FR parties. Be a contributor on the FR Material Review Board (MRB).
- Participate in regularly scheduled Supply Chain Operational meetings and lead the quality portion of the discussions.
- Hands on experience in training with familiarity in training tools, software, and techniques
- Must be able to effectively communicate quality inspection reports and updates to the broader Fast Radius team
- Work with FR Engineering Team to identify critical specifications (features, finishes, tolerances, etc.)
- Set Expectation of Product Appearance based on manufacturing technology involved.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in quality engineering (and ideally supplier quality) with a firm grasp of CNC, injection molding, and cast urethane technologies.
- Have a very good understanding of Metrology Concepts to help provide feedback on proper verification techniques and feature measurements.
- Must have experience utilizing quality investigation tools in identifying root causes. (Utilize tools such as 8D, CAPA, 5 Whys, etc.)
- High aptitude on blueprint interpretation. (GD&T comprehension is highly preferred for this role)
- Good recognition of both American and International Engineering Standards (ASTM, SAE, NACE, ISO, etc.)
- Ability to develop and deliver quality inspection reports in accordance with established plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Other production tasks as workload varies.
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description