Support Engineer (Crypto Execution) at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
As a Support Engineer at PEAK6 Technologies, you’ll have a big impact on the firms Crypto Trading infrastructure. You’ll help support the evolution and implementation of our architecture.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, and though our current project is written in Java and deployed to EKS, we routinely encounter and work in different languages, frameworks, and systems. We value engineers who are proficient in multiple languages because we know they can quickly learn the next one that comes up. We’ve recently written software in Java, Golang, and Python.
What you’ll do all day
- Work with the Apex Crypto Operations and Engineering to support daily trading and systems operations.
- Provide front line support for the key products & processes that support daily operations of firm's Crypto trading system.
- Perform active monitoring and respond to alerts escalate issues as appropriate.
- Manage incidents including resolution process and stakeholder communications
- Coordinate with our customers when functional or technical questions are raised.
- Responsible for adhering to and updating written support, runbook, and supervisory procedures.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to support the successful onboarding of new customers.
- Work with third party vendors that integrate with the Apex Crypto platform.
- Develop and Implement increased observability of the platform resulting in efficient system support.
What you need to succeed
- College degree in related field.
- Proficient with Jira, Grafana, PagerDuty, SQL, MS Office.
- Strong tech aptitude. One or more of the following highly preferred: Python, Linux
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; must have the ability to effectively communicate with users at all levels of the organization and in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with exceptional drive and problem solving skills
- Experience in operational or technical support preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communications as the role is a customer facing position.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and prioritization in a multi-task environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Working knowledge of the FIX (Financial Information Exchange) Protocol.
- .Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
All of our employees have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a backend engineer at PEAK6 Technologies, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program