Support EngineerRemote and Full-time - CST timezone
SpotOn is a software and payments SAAS company with an omni channel software platform that has redefined the merchant service industry by giving businesses the tools and services to help them grow and run their businesses. We are one of the fastest growing companies in fin-tech (growing from 50 to 1000 employees in the past three years). We rely on our products, integrity, and concierge like service team instead of tricky and misleading long term contracts rampant in the payments industry.
We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics in conjunction with cutting edge POS systems and payment applications. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and small to mid-sized chains.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Support Engineer with high-growth tech company experience. Our support Engineers act as detectives, understanding our product and there to triage any issues prior to escalating to product/engineering.
Support Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Should be comfortable navigating around a database
- Using command line to side loading APKs
- Pulling logs from devices
- Using browser inspect to pull relevant info for the development team to use to
- resolve issues
- Run scripts to run actions such as merging or splitting merchant accounts
- Support Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Experience and proficiency with Atlasssian products (Confluence, JIRA) is a must
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience working on multiple projects
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Identify and apply best practices within and across teams
- Act as a connector between customer service and product/development
- Thrive in fast paced environments
- Experience running scripts
- Experience working directly in production DB
- Great at prioritizing
- Great communication skills
… and here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Flexible working schedule
- Work remote flexibility
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state, or local law.