Sertifi offers an Agreement Platform built for businesses who need a more efficient and secure way to manage the full contract process. We simplify how businesses send and collect agreements and payments by bringing it all into one secure platform. Sertifi automates business processes, saves you time from performing repetitive tasks, enhances security and PCI-compliance, and provides customers an easy and convenient way to do business with your company. Thousands of businesses around the world use Sertifi to streamline their contracts and payment processes, recognize revenue faster, and increase job efficiency.
Sertifi is looking for a talented Support Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. This role works closely between our Customer Success, Product, Engineering, DevOps, and Quality Assurance teams to provide support for our Sertifi Agreement Platform (large-scale SaaS web application). Our ideal candidate is expected to investigate customer issues to figure out why something isn’t working as designed and collaborate with internal teams to find solutions. This position reports to our Engineering Manager in our downtown Chicago office.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Work with cross-functional Engineering and Customer Support teams to investigate and resolve issues in an ASP.NET based web application.
- Build internal applications to assist with recurring tasks such as usage reporting, large scale customer set-up for new features, or finding issues with third party services.
- As a self-starter you will need the ability to write SQL queries for data requests and for general issue investigation daily along with an aptitude to search and analyze logs to investigate the origins of issues.
- Maintain existing documentation and create new internal documentation for new processes or issue resolutions.
- Collaborate with Development, Customer Success, Product, and Quality Assurance teams to get full perspective surrounding an issue.
- Utilize JIRA for internal case tracking, updating the cases to ensure proper documentation.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Recent Computer Science grad or 1-3 years of experience in Tier 3 support or software development in a SaaS environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Software development skills including knowledge of OOP languages including but not limited to C#, .Net and HTML. Exposure to Angular 8 would be a bonus.
- Working knowledge of SQL and comfortable writing complex queries.
- Exposure to SOAP and REST API testing (Postman and Ready API) would be a bonus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate across internal teams.
- Client focused attitude with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Exposure to Oracle Opera PMS or Datadog would be a bonus.
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand-new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. You can expect to have dedicated head down troubleshooting and coding time along with time set aside each month to work on your own Innovation projects. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.