ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Support Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
What your day could consist of:
- Working on a cross-functional team to improve the ActiveCampaign customer experience
- Investigating and troubleshooting customer issues, and bringing them to resolution as quickly as possible
- Planning and building Python microservices to help bridge between Engineering and Support
- Documenting troubleshooting and issue resolution steps
- Tracking and organizing issues for future trend analysis
- Working with other engineering teams to resolve issues and perform root cause analysis
What is needed:
- Ability to quickly identify, diagnose, and troubleshoot issues within web applications
- Skilled in communicating highly technical issues to non-technical people
- Customer focused problem solving
- Experience with an object oriented language (PHP, Ruby, Java, etc.) and a relational database. PHP and Python experience is a plus
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Django, RoR)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord)
- Writing automated tests a plus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description