ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Support Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
What your day could consist of:
- Working on a cross-functional team to improve the ActiveCampaign customer experience
- Investigating and troubleshooting customer issues, and bringing them to resolution as quickly as possible
- Documenting troubleshooting and issue resolution steps
- Tracking and organizing issues for future trend analysis
- Working with other engineering teams to resolve issues and perform root cause analysis
What is needed:
- Ability to quickly identify, diagnose, and troubleshoot issues within web applications
- Customer focused problem solving & communication skills
- Experience with an object oriented language (PHP, Ruby, Java, etc.) and a relational database. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord)
- Writing automated tests a plus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description