Systems Engineer – DevOps at DocuSign (Chicago, IL)
Systems Engineer – DevOps
Engineering & Tech Ops | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
DocuSign’s Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) DevOps team in Chicago is looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting, versatile engineer to join our team, and to take point on maintaining and improving our build, test, and deployment pipelines. As a Systems Engineer this individual will be expected to create, modify and maintain the scripts, modules, and other configuration management artifacts that are used by these pipelines.
You will also be expected to have experience with creating and supporting the orchestration and automation (CI/CD) processes needed to build, test, and deploy complex SaaS applications. Strong communication and innovation skills are a must. You will also need to be able to balance multiple work streams and pivot quickly when the needs of the business require it.
To be successful in this role you will also expected to partner with individuals and teams outside of TechOps, such as software engineering and QA engineers. Some work outside of normal business hours will be required.
The Systems Engineer will report into the Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Resolve issues with build, test, and deployment pipelines
- Suggest and implement improvements to the build, test, and deployment processes
- Liaise with and assist the coordinator in executing deployments to customer-facing environments
- Work with fellow DevOps team members on other configuration and trouble-shooting tasks as needed
- 5 years’ of experience with creating, executing, and troubleshooting complex, automated processes used to configure servers and/or deploy code
- Experience supporting Windows /Linux servers and environments. For Linux, RedHat/CentOS experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience performing complex scripting tasks in PowerShell, Python, BASH, Shell, Perl, or Ruby scripting languages
- 1+ years supporting complex, distributed applications
- Hands-on experience with a leading configuration management platform (chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
- A good understanding of software development principles
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Experience in an Agile / sprint-based work schedule
- Strong understanding of the concepts and components that make up a configuration management platform
- Proven ability to quickly diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software / system related problems
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with good decision-making abilities
- Natural aptitude for teaching and ambitious to learn from others in a collaborative team environment
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.