The Systems Engineer is the primary technical resource supporting the pre-sales team. The SE builds, supports and maintains all demonstration systems as a shared resource used by the pre-sales team, partners, and other groups within the company. The SE serves as the primary technical point of contact for all demo system issues, escalations and resolutions. The SE is also responsible for drafting and updating current demo scripts, creating and updating demo recordings, and ensuring effective communication and delivery of all such supporting materials. Although not primarily a customer-facing position, the SE will also assist in first-pass responses to RFPs/RFIs, will attend tradeshows and industry events as the onsite technical resource, and will perform some product demonstrations and assist in technical discussions for select customer engagements.
- Build, integrate, update, maintain and troubleshoot all demonstration systems
- Work with Product Management to ensure effective deployment of all required software builds
- Be “on-call” to quickly support field sales demo issues, answer questions, etc.
- Perform after-hours updates to the demo system during non-work hours
- Create effective demo scripts using tools such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
- Create effective demo recordings using tools such as iMovie, Camtasia, etc.
- Travel for select industry tradeshows and company/partner events as needed
- Utilize automated system to conduct first-pass responses to RFIs/RFPs and security questionnaires
- 1-3+ years relevant experience in IT field or relevant university coursework
- Solid technical skills and a passion for learning new technology and ways to apply it
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as Virtual Box, VMWare, Amazon Workspaces
- Good working knowledge of virtual IP networking technologies and security protocols (HTTPS, SSL)
- Experience with Windows Server and SQL Server, with demonstrable SQL query experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration a plus
- Experience with Linux and SAML-based SSO technologies a plus
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
- Availability for after-hours/weekend duties and limited travel