Team Lead at Morningstar
The Group: The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM, our complete wealth management platform serving financial advisors, offers a broad lineup of strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to help meet an investor’s needs at each stage of their lifetime.
• Build well designed, well-engineered, stable, scalable products across a variety of markets
• Enforce good Agile practices (using JIRA) including test-driven development and continuous integration.
• Apply DevOps practices in area of continuous and automated deployment.
• Analyze and remediate production issues and build instrumentation and operational readiness into the systems architecture.
• Technical product ownership and responsibility to adhere to established guidelines through peer reviews for design and code, unit test results and deployment process for improving development team productivity.
• Good working experience in OO analysis & design using common design patterns
• Solve investors’ problems with technology, understanding market chaos at work and crafting technically appropriate interactive experiences to communicate effectively with individual investors.
• Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others.
• Manage development projects through the whole project life cycle.
• Mentoring and leading other members of the development team.
• A bachelor's in Computer Science or related, plus 5 years of experience leading software application development.
• Experience scaling web-based software applications and services.
• Experience working on databases like MSSQL, Postgres or any other relational database
• Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies like Lambdas, CloudFront, S3, API gateway, Serverless, Elastic Search, SQS and Code Pipeline
• Experience with Agile methodology and tools like JIRA.
• Currently holds an AWS certified developer certification or desired to get it
• An understanding of how to protect web applications from common security vulnerabilities.
• Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.