Tech Lead (Sr. Web Developer) at West Monroe
Why This Job Is Important
As a Tech Lead, you’ll be responsible for crafting the architecture and leading the development of digital experiences that serve users while working closely with a cross-discipline team. You will serve as a lead engineer on a product team building new digital products, doing MVP prototyping, Research and Development, and Innovation Discovery work. You are a tinkerer, a maker, and an engineer. But most importantly, you are passionate about using technology to make people's lives better.
What You Will Be Doing
Tech Leads work in a creative environment to develop innovative new products using cutting edge technology. You will be responsible for identifying new technologies and product opportunities, evaluating emerging technologies, and leading new and existing product development from a technical perspective. You will help teams craft approach, architecture, and resource plans for client engagements and serve as the team's lead developer.
- Be a collaborative member of product teams, collaborating with business stakeholders, creative leads, and product owners to envision and create new digital experiences.
- Interact with key client decision makers (CTO, Tech VPs, etc.) to understand their vision, gather requirements, and offer relevant insight based on experience in the field
- Lead the development of software solutions across full lifecycle Agile projects – research, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, and rollout
- Own the flexibility to be creative and have an impact on designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of client expectations
- Build highly interactive and customized web, desktop, and/or mobile front-end and back-end applications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 4-7+ years of experience in full-stack software development with preferred skills in:
Entity Framework and various APIs SQL Server, Azure, AWS, open source tools
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts (requirements, development methodologies, testing and documentation) and an understanding of how technology applies to business concepts
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, collaborative, Agile/Scrum project environment
- Desire and ability to work towards leading a team of ~2-4+ software engineering consultants
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills