Technical Architect at Elevate K-12
Who we are
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Paid Holidays
- Strong High-Performance Based Culture with High Growth Potential
- Team Focused Culture – Team Events, Outings, Happy Hours & Recognition
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision / 401k Plan
- Our Team of Elevaters are: Problem Solvers, Passionate, Motivated, Thirsty for Knowledge & Mission Driven
What you will be doing – Technical Architect
We are seeking a Technical Architect for our fast-growing brand. We have an incredible mission, team and brand at Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better every day. We have achieved an extraordinary product/market fit and have entered an exponential growth stage of the company. If all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
This can be a remote based role anywhere in the United States.
- Build and maintain the product platform
- Understand architecture principles, design patterns and implement them as assigned
- Work with team lead to complete tasks on time
- Coding using Microsoft technologies
- Create Proof of Concept projects independently for new innovation
- Perform code reviews
- Work with QA team to create test plans and specifications
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Provide ownership of problems through final resolution
- Provide resources and problem-solving aptitude
- Review all open tickets on a regular basis and follows up with end users
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives, business module and ability to work with the sales team
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms. (Linux, Windows, Mac)
- Understand security, firewalls & network diagnostic. Performing diagnostic tests & debugging procedures to optimize systems
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
Who you are – Technical Architect
- 10+ years of experience in the JAVA and linux
- 5+ years of experience managing and configuring networks and servers
- Microsoft technology stack (ASP.NET MVC, Angular, Jquery, Bootstrap) experience
- Good knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IIS, and SQL DB, Familiarity AWS and Azure cloud
- Experience in managing Ubuntu servers with expert level knowledge regarding Linux OS and applications on nginX
- Experience with WebRTC and Jitsi media framework is required
- Experience in infrastructure architecture, data centers, servers, and networks is a plus
- Docker experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of multiple technologies including but not limited to Servers, Virtualization, VMWare, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Video Streaming, Endpoint Protection, wireless LAN
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Good knowledge of LAN, WAN and Server, Cloud Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment for team members in different time zones
Why join our story
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.