TECHNICAL LEAD, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Are you looking for your next big challenge?
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for the best digital strategists and software developers to join our team. Cat Digital is leading Caterpillar and our industry with the utilization of data analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to drive profit, unlock new revenue streams and provide more durable competitive advantages for the business. As a Technical Lead, you will provide solution architecture and technical leadership to our condition monitoring & integrated services platform development, with the goal to prevent asset failure, improve equipment uptime, lower total cost of ownership and enable global services growth of 2X by 2026. Apply now to join our team!
JOB DUTIES: This position is responsible for application and services development leadership to deliver high-quality, performance, and scalable solutions
Evolve and maintain system level architecture for condition monitoring & integrated services platform, working with cross functional Cat Digital Architecture team
Lead application and services development by translating architecture into technical design to a team of developers, and provide technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to development team members including the reviews of functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
Understand, analyze & apply new technologies, digital trends & design.
Develop the interdependencies between major applications & efforts, including a significant platform investment.
Provide project leadership, advice, and counsel to IT personnel, management, customers and project teams on the most complex aspect of application development, system integration, and development methods.
Analyze workflow and UI behavior specifications and convert into high level design.
Lead collaboration with UI/UX designers, UI and backend developers, on design and development.
As needed, work directly on complex application technical problem identification and resolution.
Expertise in design and specification development, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging & documentation standards.
Liaison with dealers and multiple business units in the enterprise to enable strategic, scalable & integrated solutions.
Initiate and deliver technology evaluation and recommendations.
Develop and maintain current and planned state architecture blue prints.
Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for complex projects
Ensure projects maintain an enterprise-wide view to support adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse
- Position requires a four-year STEM degree from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of experience in software development with technologies - Java
- Minimum of 3+ years of Technical Leadership guiding a development team on medium/large scale enterprise project
- 2+ years of experience in Agile methodology program management / software development lifecycle management
- Deep knowledge and understanding of architectural design patterns
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Experience with
streaming data & associated technologies, including OSI Pi
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- 3+ years of experience in database technologies such as Oracle or MS SQL Server
- 3+ years of Service Oriented Architecture, Event Driven Architecture, or Microservices Architecture
- 2+ years of experience in NoSQL technologies such as Search/Mongo
- Deep knowledge on open web security standards including OAuth, SAML, ws-federation.
- Strong communication skills & ability to translate business requirements.
- Masters degree in STEM related field