Who We Are …
NVISIA was born at the nexus of three goals: 1) People are the most important element to any build; we work alongside our clients to form an agile, committed team that takes pride in building the solution. 2) A solution must be designed and architected so that it can evolve as requirements and the technology landscape changes. 3) The solution needs to utilize new technologies and processes appropriately to provide a competitive advantage for our clients.
We work side-by-side with our clients to create great software solutions that utilize new processes and technologies while simultaneously building a client team that can own the solution. This is best accomplished by attracting, retaining, and growing individuals who are passionate about their craft and continually developing new skills and capabilities. We are a group of creative problem-solvers – with an ever-growing desire to learn, grow, and work collaboratively to find a solution for our clients that they can sustain long-term.
Who You Are …
You are a Technical Lead, passionate about technology, naturally solution oriented, excelling at problem solving. You embrace change, eager to learn new domains as well as technologies. You’re seeking to create a lasting impact in every opportunity, focusing on building software that sustains
The Technical Lead is responsible for application design, implementation and deployment on small technical engagements or sub-teams of large projects. The Technical Lead is responsible for the day-to-day management of a small team. The Technical Lead is expected to routinely demonstrate their technical leadership while gaining the respect of their teammates. We are looking for Technical Leads to serve our Chicago and Milwaukee based clients.
- Works with clients and project team members to develop and document requirements
- Assists the Project Manager in establishing project design standards
- Transforms requirements into high-level software designs
- Guides technical direction of the project
- Implements systems components or systems using relevant technologies and methodologies
- Develops necessary technical documentation/technical writing
- Oversees technical architecture and development for projects at a tactical and strategic level
- Acts as primary technical liaison with application development and the project teams
- Stays abreast of new technologies with the goal of utilizing new technology to enhance current capabilities or deliver new functionality
- Works effectively with client personnel and the project team to resolve implementation issues
- BA or BS, preferably in computer science, engineering, or science/technology-based discipline and related work experience
- 5+ years Java required
- Demonstrated strong Java programming skills in a team environment
- Applied object oriented (design) principles in a team environment.
- Worked with UML on a team project
- Demonstrated the ability and strong desire to grasp new technologies
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle and software methodologies including Object-Oriented design methodologies
- Experience in providing day-to-day responsibility for leading a technical project
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Uses effective and professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effectively drives the work that needs to be completed with little direction
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
- Effective time management skills
- Strong people management skills
- Has a proven record of fostering a positive working relationship with clients
Sponsorship is not available for this position.