Hello, we're NVISIA
NVISIA is a software development partner with offices in Chicago and Milwaukee. Since 1991, we have delivered software innovation that scales. Our innovation teams build edge applications with leading, open source products to engage enterprise customers in new ways, while leveraging the process and data in their core business systems.
Why Work with Us?
We work side-by-side with our clients to create great software solutions while simultaneously building a client team that can own the solution. This is best accomplished by attracting, retaining, and growing individuals who are passionate about their craft and continually developing new skills and capabilities.
An Insider's view of NVISIA
What are some social events your company does?
NVISIA's vibe is fun, nerdy, and friendly. We have a full nerf arsenal, ping pong table, foosball table, and a growing board game collection. Our people are fun, helpful, and excited, which makes all the difference. Most of us are at client sites, so it’s always exciting when we can catch up at the office - it’s kind of like coming home again.
What does your typical day look like?
What I love about NVISIA is that such a thing rarely exists. Sure, most days consist of daily standups, code reviews, and development tasks, but the amount that can happen in such a short time makes each day so compelling. All in just one day it’s not uncommon to plan new features, fix critical issues, and think of a new way of solving something.
What makes someone successful on your team?
A successful team member at NVISIA is smart, eloquent, capable, and motivated. They love sharing their knowledge and helping others to achieve their potential. Understanding that each team member has different strengths, they collaborate to bring those strengths together to serve the client.
Principal Technical Architect
What is your vision for the company?
Our goal is to hire people who are passionate and have a desire to build software solutions that our clients can enhance for many years. We have a deep engineering mindset that requires us to be experts so we can build solutions the right way, the first time. Together, we work to be more efficient and effective in our development initiatives.
How do you make yourself accessible to the rest of the team?
One of the best qualities of a leader is to be among the people doing the work, understand what makes them look forward to getting up in the morning, and what doesn't. I don't wait for a monthly one-on-one todo so, but rather, I try to engage early and often with our various teams.
Where we are
Beautiful Chicago loop office with views of the lake. Just steps away from the Metra, CTA, bars, and restaurants in the heart of downtown.
Perks + Benefits
Volunteer in local community
Partners with Nonprofits
Friends outside of work
Eat lunch together
Highly diverse management team
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Company sponsored family events
Vacation & Time Off
Job Training & Conferences
Lunch and learns
Promote from within
- I have been with NVISIA for 5 years and it has been an amazing journey! Our management has a vested interested in not only our careers, but also our well being. we work hard, but we are always well rewarded for our hard work with amazing incentives.ReenaRequirements Architect
- NVISIA truly values its people and culture above all. Your success and value realization starts with the people tasked to deliver, and I can't imagine a better group of smart, committed and like-minded individuals to get the job done.JasonPrincipal Consultant
- NVISIA has been around for 25 years, but has the spirit of a startup. The company is small enough to nimbly adjust to change, foster close relationships with its employees, and build a culture that cultivates technical skills and team work.FilipSoftware Developer
- Being a part of NVISIA feels like a family. NVISIA takes time to listen and take care of its employees to ensure individuals are happy and comfortable at any point in their career.EricTechnical Architect
Technology we use
- jQuery UILibraries
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
- Microsoft ProjectManagement