Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you help customize the direction by ensuring our organizational challenges and opportunities are driving towards the best results.What You'll Do
Being based in our San Francisco or Chicago office, you will team up with a Cisco Meraki Sales team to assist with technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities. Use your in-depth knowledge of Cisco's Cloud Networking solutions to demonstrate bold advantages over industry players to both prospective customers and partners. This position provides career development through direct daily interaction and opportunities to travel in territory.Who You'll Work With
You will have internal cross function collaboration with the Product Management, Product Development/Engineering, Technical Marketing and Sales teams.Who You Are
You act as a technical resource to the Meraki Sales team for all technical pre sales activities and product related inquiries. You will conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical inquiries, contribute to proposals, analyze clients’ needs, and develop technical solutions in a pre-sales environment.
- As the technical authority on Cisco’s Cloud Networking products, features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at all levels of clients (from IT Manager to CTO)!
- Do you maintain good interpersonal presentation and troubleshooting skills while evoking passion and confidence with your audience?
- Collaborate with the Sales team on strategic sales initiatives (customer outreach, Channel training, etc.) to grow business in targeted regions
- Do you understand customer and partner requirements to then optimally present and deploy full stack Meraki networking solutions
- Build design/deployment guides for both external and internal audiences!
- Consistent track record of 1-3 years in a sales engineering capacity or 3+ years in an enterprise networking engineering/administration role
- Expert knowledge in full stack networking, wireless site surveys, large campus network design, network security strategies, capacity planning, and common networking deployment challenges
- Commanding knowledge in end-to-end network troubleshooting, including packet level analysis via wireshark/pcap, packet construction, etc.
- Familiarity with UTM/security features and functionality (IDS/IPS, dynamic VPN’s, content filtering, packet inspection, NAC, ACL’s, QoS)
- Familiarity with WAN design (MPLS, BGP, IP VPN’s), campus LAN design including building redundant networks, routing protocol design, and high availability strategies (multicast, VLAN’s, RSTP, OSPF, VRRP, DHCP, TCP, UDP, ARP, DSCP, AAA/RADIUS)
- Familiarity with wireless networking fundamentals including site survey activities, high density planning/troubleshooting, and roaming (802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WPA2, 802.1x, EAP, 802.11r, PMK, OKC, 802.11e/WMM, BYOD)
- Understanding of technical sales activities, challenges, and enablement strategies preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- CCNA, CWNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE are a plus
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Need to be authorized to work in the U.S.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.