Technical Trainer - Remote at Locusview (Chicago, IL)
Who We Are
Locusview is a fast-paced company where we offer a relaxed yet stimulating work environment where employees have the opportunity to use their creativity and innovation daily. We are building a world-class product and deployment team that is passionate about developing and delivering practical, industrial-scale solutions. We believe in our people, and we provide the resources and opportunities for them to explore and grow.
Our clients include Fortune 500 utility companies with decades of legacy processes ripe for transformation. Our products lead the way in an industry at the beginning of their digital revolution.
The primary goal of the technical trainer is to strategically guide product usage by facilitating a range of product-specific technical training courses to audiences with varying skill levels while supporting the product and project team's goals.
They will be responsible for the delivery of instructor-led curricula taught virtually and onsite. They will demonstrate expertise with: the instructor material, product, hardware, and educational material for each assigned client. Assist with the implementation of instructional content, product testing, and product use inquiries.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Conduct instructor-led training sessions onsite and virtually
- Facilitate training using a variety of training methods, tools, and software programs
- Manage classroom and participate to achieve goal orientated outcomes
- Report progress of training classes and individuals attending to project teams
- Provide feedback on training program content and corresponding support documentation
- Administer learning evaluations and assessments as defined by the curriculum
- Participate in product testing
- Stay up to date with industry best practices.
- Respond to inquiries to assist individuals with "how-to" applications issues.
- Travel 75%-80%
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience delivering software/technology training to various technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate independently
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles and various training methods
- Skilled in working collaboratively with stakeholders and subject matter experts across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where change is a norm
- A desire to be coached, trained, and mentored as a Learning Delivery expert.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75 - 80%
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Short term, long term, and life Insurance
- 401K/Roth options
- Monthly phone allowance
- Work From Home stipend
- Stock equity options after 90 days
- 15 days PTO
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office space with free breakfast, snacks, and gym access.
Locusview is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.