Training and Certification Knowledge Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
This position reports to: Training Operations Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are currently seeking a Knowledge Engineer to assist the team in building content and technology to support Training and Certification’s knowledge management and customer support initiatives. This role includes Customer case management duties.
What you get to do in this role:
Knowledge Engineer duties:
· Develop and edit technical documentation for the Training and Certification team
· Analyze metrics and user feedback to make content creation and improvement plans
· Administer search/knowledgebase tools to improve 'findability' of knowledge
· Identify and leverage existing knowledge repositories to ensure effective content is delivered
· Prepare reports associated with knowledge management and share with appropriate stakeholders
· Gather technology requirements through user feedback and data analysis
· Manage the release of requirements for assigned knowledge management applications
· Prepare requirements, test cases, and other project documentation for assigned projects
· Align and identify integration points within knowledge management framework
· Liaise with cross-functional teams in evaluating and prioritizing organizational knowledge
· Take ownership of customer issues ‘cases’ from inception through resolution and provide personal support to our customers.
· Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify resolutions to customer issues related to Training and Certification service offerings utilizing our systems, utilities, and support processes with assistance from team members, and learn best practices for problem resolution.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 1-2 years technical writing experience
· Experience maintaining a knowledgebase and/or search technology
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong organizational skills
· Self-starter and ability to work on your own
· Proven ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor when communicating directly with customers
· Experience in conducting or participating in usability studies
· Strong personal commitment to excellence
· Detail oriented
· Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills; skilled at using Outlook
· Experience in a matrixed, global business environmentAdditional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.