UI Software Engineer, Digital at OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Our Digital team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
We are growing and seeking UI Engineers for our downtown Chicago office.
What you will do as a User Interface Software Engineer
You'll work as part of an agile development team to design and implement interfaces for web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch. You will also:
- Inform API design.
- Review code.
- Collaborate with marketing to optimize conversions.
- Learn new technologies.
- Design and implement engaging and effective user interface for web applications.
- Assist with verifying the interface and features you developed are working successfully in production. We do multiple daily releases whenever features are ready.
- Collaborate with product, full-stack engineering, DevOps and other teams to ensure effective implementation.
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience developing interfaces for web applications
- Ruby in Rails experience
- Experience with HTML and CSS
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in a nimble and agile environment
- Experience with React.js, Ember.js
- Worked with a TDD workflow
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.