Video Systems Engineer - Entry Level at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Chicago Solutions team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
The Video Systems Engineer will responsible for designing and implementing complex video surveillance solutions including, Video Management Systems, PSIMs, IP Surveillance Cameras, IP networks, DVR’s, Servers, Workstations, Storage, hardwired and fiber communication systems, and RF wireless communications.
- Working with Sales, Operations and Project Managers, to complete site walks to determine specific client needs and scope.
- Develop and maintain engineering designs, diagrams, and bill of materials.
- Assist with proposal generation
- Accurately estimate project engineering time effort.
- Provide technical support and advice to PM and Installation teams.
- Create project specific install plans, scope documents, and test plans
- Configure, integrate, and troubleshoot equipment as required; provides support and assistance to third parties for sub-contracted activities.
- Act as external liaison for customers’ general contractors, subcontractors and trades people as needed during the implementation and support phases.
- Provide customer and peer training
- Delivering professional presentations.
Position is based in Chicagoland area. Requires frequent travel to customer and installation locations within the Chicago area. Preferred candidate will be based out of Northern IL.
- Experience deploying outdoor Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi-Point wireless solutions, preferably with Cambium networks.
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS)
- Working knowledge or certification for one or more top VMS (Video Management System) applications in the market Avigilon, Genetec, OnSSI, Milestone, etc
- Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA or similar
- Working knowledge or certification from one or more cameras manufactures Avigilon, Axis, Avigilon, Pelco, Sony, Hanwha, Panasonic, etc.
- Experience directly working with end-user customers is desirable
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to non technical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment
- Troubleshoot/monitor network performance and resolve performance and connectivity issues
- Experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, iBGP, eBGP, M-BGP, MPLS RSVP-TE, and LDP)
- Experience/knowledge in RF System Design (line of sight microwave propagation)
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent engineering degree and 0+ years of experience
- OR 2+ years of Video System Integration, Solution Architect, Network Engineering, System Engineering or Wireless Communications Experience
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.