VP of Engineering
About the Role
Farmer's Fridge is building a state-of-the-art culinary, logistics and technology operation to make fresh, nutritious food accessible to everyone. We are looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to lead the development of our AI-driven platform as we scale.
The VP of Engineering will grow and mentor the engineering team, while also cultivating a strong culture centered around customer experience, data, and collaboration.
In a typical week, you will…..
- Identify top business priorities and brainstorm solutions
- Develop Agile project plans and technical guidance for cross-functional stakeholders
- Provide technical direction and hands-on coaching to the engineering teams, resolving any issues getting in their way to success.
- Design long-term standards and systems for team performance
- You have been working for 10+ years in Engineering or Technology roles.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience at a rapidly scaling company.
- You have an advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- You are proficient in multiple programming languages, DevOps toolchains, Internet technologies and public cloud infrastructure.
- You have delivered several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- You are able to assess and report technical debt, compliance, and other risks.
- You are able to prioritize objectively and transparently.
- You love the hard and the small things -- concurrency, asynchrony, runtime monitoring, offline storage, performance benchmarking, and bugs are considered in your planning as much as the big picture.
- You are experienced with architecture, design and implementation of APIs.
- You have a strong appreciation of UX/UI design, related standards, and interface guidelines.
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
About Farmer's Fridge:
At Farmer's Fridge, we're committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you're passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below.