CIB Application Engineering and Architecture (AEA) group aims to continuously modernise CIB applications and engineering practices to create efficiency and leverage. CIB AEA Developer Platforms & Insights team is serving the overall AEA mission by developing tools and practices to increase efficiency, automate process and enhance developer experience to accelerate modernization outcomes. .
We are looking for a full-stack developer who is able to lead investigations into the application development processes, evaluate the use of our enterprise toolchain architecture, identify opportunities, and develop solutions in collaboration with firm-wide technology teams. This involves strong collaboration skills, managing deep-dives into application development practice in groups across the CIB, researching and developing potential solutions.
You are willing to transform, think out of the box and learn new skills if required in response to rapid changes and business needs. You will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance our mission. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists focused on and dedicated to enhancing processes and building solutions to improve technology delivery. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end devops and software development practices is imperative.
*** Please note this role will provide technical direction to the team, as well as having hands on responsibilities***
- Software Engineering background with experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, .Net
- Experience in using DevSecOps tools and frameworks for managing infrastructure as code – Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Strong understanding and experience using configuration management and CI/CD automation practices and tools – Jenkins, Maven, Git, Ansible, Spinnaker
- Strong logging/monitoring understanding
- Strong opinions on technical architecture and best practice, with a good knowledge of industry trends
- Expertise in Devops / Continuous Delivery and enabling practices
- Expertise in source code management, branching and deployment strategies
- Experience in developing cloud and container based solutions such as Kubernetes, Cloud-Foundry, AWS, Docker
- Strong understanding and experience of automated testing at all levels
- Good knowledge of working in an Agile team environment
- Experience using SDLC practices and delivering high quality and robust software products
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of the business
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Diligent, methodical and attentive to detail
- Self-starter, self-motivated and adaptable team player
- Fast learning, enjoys solving complex problems and creating simple solutions
- Ability to work with and coach others
- Collaborate with other senior developers across the CIB, building trust and collaborating on solutions
- Experience with building/integrating developer SDLC tools
- Experience of constructing pipelines in Jenkins / Blue Ocean
- Scripting using groovy, YAML
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.