WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This team of highly motivated and innovative thinkers develops internal and external messaging for Centro’s brand and product, Basis. Beyond speaking to specific functionalities, they understand the value of implementing Basis within the ad tech industry and are responsible for communicating those messages throughout the marketplace. Powered by cross-functional collaboration, they go above and beyond by demonstrating how Centro and Basis improve the lives of those working in our industry.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This role’s primary responsibility includes building out and maintaining pages and blocks within the Wordpress CMS. This role will work closely with the senior web developer in identifying and developing solutions within Wordpress and across our entire tech-stack. Other ways you will contribute to the team include:
- Collaborating with developers, designers, product managers, and testers to build great digital marketing solutions.
- Working on projects spanning across our entire stack, including Skilljar and Pardot.
- Integrating and maintaining third-party services via APIs.
- Constructing full pages within Wordpress based on provided media and content.
- Constructing HTML email templates.
- Participating in a collaborative software development process.
- Building and extending Centro’s culture of growth and self-improvement.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3-6 years of web development experience.
- At least 2 years working within Wordpress.
- Responsive design techniques and strong knowledge of CSS media queries.
- Ability to replicate design files and measurements into performant and responsive web pages.
- Enthusiastic growth-oriented mindset. Our team places high value on design feedback and code review. Our developers are always striving to improve their skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools
- Strong knowledge of the full-stack development cycle.
- Experience in front-end preprocessing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with Figma.
- Experience with React.
- Passion for Ad-Tech.
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.