Environmental Project Handler
Under general supervision, manages execution and completion of environmental projects for existing and developing sustainable services. Will assist with analysis of project specifications such as time, audit, and test and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data and product construction. Will support new and existing program development efforts.
- Act as the primary client interface for specific clients in partnership with the account manager and is responsible for the entire project execution. Communicates clearly and frequently with clients to
- discuss technical issues, explain UL Environment procedures and requirements, and negotiate project plans. Acts to address client concerns and to resolve client issues to efficiently complete projects.
- Manages projects from beginning to end by obtaining necessary information from the account manager, client, coordinating project testing with the appropriate laboratories, liaising with Field Services or other auditors, communicating with environmental experts, and ultimately being accountable for meeting and exceeding project milestones and client expectations.
- Works with the client and internal Environmental Project Handlers and Program Managers to ensure the same methodology is consistently applied to projects. This includes examining the product, reviewing product and manufacturing documentation, preparing test information for laboratories, evaluating test results, and preparing checklists for on-site audits of manufacturers.
- Communicates project status and results to clients and account manager through frequent contact and by preparing reports. Constantly strives to exceed customer expectations.
- Liaises with Account Managers, Commercial Team, Finance and Subject Matter Experts such as the Product Manager, external stakeholders, external and internal certification bodies, and New Product Development/Science Teams where required.
- Develops and maintains project working templates to support program development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Read and follow the UL Solutions Code of Conduct and follow all physical and digital security practices.
- Performs other duties as required.
- University Degree (Bachelor's degree) in Environmental Science or other technical field required.
- 2 years directly related work experience preferred.
- Experience in project management and direct client interface preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with technical writing strongly preferred.
- Ability to work onsite in Northbrook, IL a minimum of 3 days per week.
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security, and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers' product innovation and business growth.
The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers' products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission.
We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains, and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future.
From the adoption of electrification to the enablement of 5G and new mobility, we collectively look toward new frontiers, working for a safer world. Our science is your advantage.
Mission: Working for a safer world
ABOUT THE TEAM
UL Solutions' Retail and Consumer Products business helps retailers and consumer goods manufacturers meet increasingly complex challenges with its expertise in quality, chemistry and sustainability. Global well-known retailers have trusted UL Solutions to help it deal with major business risks and opportunities in the retail environment, including product quality and sustainability, materials and chemicals, global supply chain and omni-channel sales, so as to help enterprises bring products to the market faster and control changing regulatory requirements.