Executive Director (Program/Project Management)
What You'll Do
This role leads and manages the Program and Project Management capability comprised of Project Coordinators, Project Managers, and Program Managers. Responsibilities include leading strategy and oversight of the execution of enterprise programs and projects for various business areas including Financial Risk Management, Information Technology, Operations, Security, or other Shared Services Partners to fulfill the strategic objectives of the business. The role will partner with senior leaders within the lines of business and functional areas to address a range of critical initiatives for technology, risk, and operations, including initiatives to respond to regulatory needs, increase operating performance, improve process design and controls, and generate bottom-line improvements. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring compliance to documented processes and procedures, project management practices, and portfolio and project management (PPM) tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Cultivate a high-performance environment that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vision/values/business strategy, and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Ensure compliance across the portfolio of enterprise projects
- Oversee and ensure quality of all in-flight initiatives (budget, timeline, and scope) and ensure alignment of initiatives to strategic business outcomes
- Establish strong relationships with business sponsors and executive leadership to understand and identify effective solutions for business outcomes that align with OCC strategic objectives
- Adhere to and hold team accountable to all OCC standard project management guidelines, procedures, and controls, including OCC project management checklists and templates
- Ensure team stays current on all OCC standard project management guidelines, including OCC project management checklists and templates
- Ensure team members identify project risks, track, resolve issues, and eliminate project challenges
- Monitor and report on the progress of the portfolio of project milestones, health, and budget to executive leadership and impacted stakeholders
- Set and clearly communicate priorities and performance expectations, provide feedback and coaching, and conduct performance appraisals
- Support EPMO participation in regulatory examinations, internal audits, compliance reviews and management self-testing
- Lead remediation efforts related to findings and observations in areas of responsibility and ensure remediation addresses root cause, improves OCC's residual risk, and is completed in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Manage a team
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- [Required] Ability to successfully plan, scope and drive multiple interdependent projects to completion
- [Required] Experience managing large, complex programs with the support of a cross-functional team in a matrix organization
- [Required] Ability to manage complex tasks with aggressive timelines as well as meet changing requirements resulting from evolving business needs
- [Required] Expert knowledge of project and product management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- [Required] Ability to analyze project/program business cases and understand the impact to the business
- [Required] Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly regulated environment
- [Required] Ability to facilitate program alignment between business and technical teams
- [Required] Analytical problem-solver
- [Required] Self-directed and detail oriented
- [Required] Highly effective organization and planning skills
- [Required] Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- [Required] Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships
- [Required] Experience leading teams and managing the career growth of direct reports
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Expert with project management tools such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint (or similar PPM tool)
- [Required] Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- [Required] Expert with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- [Required] Expert knowledge of application development and testing processes
- [Preferred] Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- [Preferred] Agile Scrum Certification or similar
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline
- [Preferred] Master's degree in business administration, management, or technical discipline
- [Required] 15+ years of experience in project management, project leadership, or role within a Project Management Office (PMO)
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC , please click here .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer