1099 Freelance Bookkeeper/Accountant
Seeking Controllers, CPAs, Bookkeepers and Tax Preparers!
Paro is creating an alternative employment model for the future of finance work by capitalizing on the rise of the freelance/gig economy. We are an expert network of the top 2% of financial talent, including: CFOs, FP&A Analysts, CPAs, tax perparers, and bookkeepers who are highly vetted and have a proven background to handle a variety of clients. We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances by matching businesses with our highly curated network of experts who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We handle companies' accounting and bookkeeping needs, but go above and beyond traditional accountant / bookkeeper services by providing CEOs and founders with insight into their business's financial health through financial analysts and part-time CFOs.
You would be working as a remote Freelancer (1099 contractor) in a managed marketplace that is accelerating the mass migration to the gig / freelance economy by satisfying freelancers' need of a predictable and reliable income while still harnessing the benefits of the gig economy. With Paro you will have the flexibility to pick your own hours, work from anywhere, and choose the projects that interest you from our competitively-rated selection. Our goal is to empower you to do what you love by providing you with a line-of-sight into what your future earnings look like by building your own book of business on our platform. Paro's matchmaking algorithms make game-changing efficient matches, eliminating the time you have to spend on sales and business development. We ensure that the expectations and budgets on all of the projects are clearly defined before they get to you. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handle month-end close process.
- Add value to broader Accounting function.
- Handle technical accounting issues.
- Review and sometimes prepare financial reports.
- Review bookkeepers work for accuracy.
- Own the bookkeeping process for our early-stage startups and small to mid sized businesses on a monthly basis.
- Post and update journal entries in QuickBooks (experience in other accounting platforms, in addition to QuickBooks, is a plus).
- Maintain an open line of communication with clients (phone and email).
- Perform both ongoing and ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Work in tandem with other Paro freelancer(s) from other services lines
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must be highly skilled and certified in QuickBooks Online
- Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Must have the ability to work independently without guidance
- Must have the utmost integrity and understanding of confidentiality
- Must have a pleasant, professional demeanor in person and on the phone
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
- Accounting degree
- CPA/EA Required for Tax Filers
You can apply through this link! https://www.paro.io/freelancer-benefits as we grow