Mission: Our mission is empowering finance and accounting professionals to embrace and succeed in the future of work. We do this by providing freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings. Our machine-learning algorithms create custom matches between freelancers and businesses who need their support, and the quality of work delivered is unparalleled.
Vision: We are creating a boundaryless workforce where labor is the analog. Our future of work is optimized at the skill and task level, and makes finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product on Amazon. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. By capitalizing on this generational shift, we are disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance and accounting industry. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels.
What We Do
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
You would be working as a remote Tax Associate (1099 contractor) with a network of elite finance and accounting professionals. As a freelancer you’ll have a unique opportunity to choose your own hours and can work from anywhere. We’ve recently carved out a niche providing seasonal tax support (prep & review) to independent CPA firms in need of quality, specialized talent. This is a great opportunity to have a team of folks working on your behalf to fill up your schedule during busy season, with engagements ranging from 20-40 hours per week of work, so it is a great chance to earn extra income without having to align with a firm full-time. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
Must be highly skilled and/or certified in UltraTax, ProSeries, Thomson Reuters, ProConnect, CCH or a similar tax software
Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
Must have the ability to work independently without guidance
Must have the utmost integrity and understanding of confidentiality
Must have a pleasant, professional demeanor in person and on the phone