Account Receivable & Payable Analyst at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for an Accounts Receivable & Payable Analyst
The AP & AR Analyst will be responsible for collecting revenue and paying invoices by verifying and recording receivables and payables transactions. This person will be detail orientated, self-motivated, outgoing, and driven by personal success. This role will support our finance department, while maintaining and enhancing established processes and procedures that properly track, account and report the company transactions.
What You’ll Be Doing as an AR & AP Analyst:
- Handle daily AR and AP transactions
- Review customer contracts for completeness & accuracy and collaborate with Sales Operation team to resolve discrepancies between Salesforce and accounting system
- Ensure appropriate revenue recognition by validating transaction information; submit billings; and process payments
- Collect payments by following up with delinquent accounts and Account Managers
- Pay invoices by verifying transaction information; schedule and prepare disbursements; obtain authorization of payment
- Perform month end duties such as account reconciliations and recording accruals
- Make recommendations for improvements and automations in processes to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Help finance team with other ad hoc projects
What you need
- 1+ years of general accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Strict attention to detail necessary and ability to multi-task
- Intacct, NetSuite, and/or Salesforce experience, a plus
- Excellent communication skills, experience interacting with customers and vendors, a plus
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to work independently
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.