Accounting Analyst at PEAK6
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that success is driven by technology and a strong collaborative process. The passion for those ideas powers our firm still, 20 years later. As an Accounting Analyst at PEAK6, you’ll be integral to maintaining and improving the firm’s processes and procedures by collaborating with some of the sharpest minds in the investment and financial industries, to advance the firm’s position as an innovative leader in the industry. Working in the Finance team at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
As a member of the Finance Team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm by adding your financial and accounting experience to our organization and its employees, in a rapidly growing environment and team. While some areas will be the same each month we are looking for someone to bring their experience to our team and shake up the norm. Additionally, our diverse business streams affords you the unique opportunity to grow across a variety of verticals, engaging you in unique challenges, projects, and technologies.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning month-end close processes like posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing monthly financials, and other accounting/finance responsibilities.
- Analyzing expenses and their drivers; accurately reporting on variances vs prior months and budgets, and preparing monthly accruals.
- Preparing monthly reporting packages for business leaders and senior management that have a direct impact to drive business decisions.
- Assisting in monthly consolidations and year-end financial statement audits.
- Working with finance teams across PEAK6 businesses to align processes, recommend process improvements and learn new ways of completing projects.
- Utilizing technology to drive continuous improvement to PEAK6’s financial accounting processes, reporting and controls.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounting.
- A tech forward approach to managing day to day tasks – we love to automate and make things more efficient and so should you!
- The ability to navigate ambiguity – you won’t know everything and that’s ok! But the ability to research and use your resources is key.
- The desire to take ownership of projects and ideas, while being able to identify gaps and other areas of improvement.
- The ability to adapt to a dynamic and every-changing environment – we are in high growth mode and move quickly to achieve business goals.
- A strong desire to partner and collaborate with various teams across the organization.
- Diligence, attention to detail and strong excel skills.
- NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.