Accounting Analyst at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading, a leading proprietary trading firm located in downtown Chicago, is looking for a proven Accounting Analyst to join their dynamic team. This individual will work directly with the other members of the accounting group and Belvedere's overall Operations department. Primary functions include general ledger accounting & reporting, accounts payable and expense analysis as well as many ad-hoc projects. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career and who enjoys being part of an incredible culture.
What You’ll Do
- Trading P&L analysis and reporting Brokerage expense analysis and reporting
- Daily bank reconciliations and cash projection reporting
- Assist in daily general ledger capture and reconciliations
- Ensure GL descriptions and account accuracy via month end and routine close work Reconcile account balances for multiple legal entity and account types
- Assist in budget maintenance and control
- Assist in the preparation and scope work during the firm's periodic and annual audits
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related discipline 2-3 years of prior finance or accounting experience within a corporate environment
- Experience using ERP system strongly preferred
- Team player who is capable of working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with superior Excel skills
- Nice to have but not required: experience within proprietary trading
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit-based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team).
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it).
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse).
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
How we started
Founded in 2002, Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm that specializes in equity index and commodity derivatives. Belvedere Trading’s employees act as market makers, ensuring liquidity by laying two-sided markets to help provide an orderly market place for the products we trade. We trade electronically from our headquarters in downtown Chicago and have traders on the floors of multiple exchanges. Our technology and trading experts collaborate to develop and continually enhance Belvedere’s high-performance, low-latency proprietary technology. Belvedere is always looking for the best, brightest, and most motivated talent to help us in our continued success.
What we offer
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employees’ overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- No third-party recruiters