Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food delivery startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, both internally and externally. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
What you Will Do
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of federal and state tax returns and forms for the organization’s entities
- Research and assist with tax compliance in jurisdictions where the organization operates
- Responsible for the timely issuance of tax payments
- Assist with tax provision process and calculation throughout the year
- Research and present conclusions on tax implications of business transactions for management team
- Assist with researching and implementation of tax compliance and reporting software
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed
What You Will Need
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in public accounting firms preparing corporate tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and tax compliance software
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.