Accounting Associate at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
As a member of the Family Office team at PEAK6, you’ll work on a tight knit team supporting the founders of PEAK6. The Accounting Associate has a strong base in accounting but requires the ability to pivot and work on various projects that can span any number of areas. While some responsibilities will be the same each month, we are looking for someone to bring their experience to our team and shake up the norm. Additionally, our diverse business streams afford you the unique opportunity to grow across a variety of verticals, engaging you in unique challenges, projects, and technologies.
As an Accounting Associate, you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning month-end close processes like posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing monthly financials, and other accounting/finance responsibilities.
- Robust expense management and analysis work
- Improving our data management, expense tracking and credit card reconciliation
- Help manage the bill pay processing
- Handling confidential information
- Interacting, coordinating, and keeping track of multiple properties and vendors
- Utilizing technology to drive continuous improvement to the Family Office’s financial accounting processes, reporting and controls.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- 2-4 years of experience in Accounting (public preferred)
- A tech forward approach to managing day to day tasks – we love to automate and make things more efficient
- The ability to navigate ambiguity – you won’t know everything and that’s ok, but the ability to research and use your resources is key
- The desire to take ownership of projects and ideas, while being able to identify gaps and other areas of improvement
- The ability to adapt to a dynamic and every-changing environment – we are in high growth mode and move quickly to achieve business and family goals
- A strong desire to roll up your sleeves and solve problems
- Diligence, attention to detail and strong excel skills
- A strong work ethic and sense of responsibility, reliability and resilience under stress of deadlines and demands
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently and as a team
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and priorities
- CPA is a plus