Accounting Associate at Milyli
About the Job
Milyli is looking for a sharp and driven individual to join a small Accounting, Finance, and Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a startup environment and be able to both contribute in a variety of ways and be a driver of improvements as we continue to grow.
In this role, you will work alongside and report directly to the Director of Finance to execute the accounting, finance, and operations needs of the business. The primary responsibility of this role is to prepare accurate and timely accounting records to support the daily activities of the business, including cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable processes. Additionally, this role will have an opportunity to contribute to the financial analysis of the company’s results and help grow our financial reporting capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize your time amongst multiple tasks
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Process-oriented approach to functions, and a desire to improve upon those processes
- Self-motivated and able to work without extensive oversight
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to contribute to a small, growing company in a multitude of ways
Specific responsibilities include:
- Accurate recording of customer invoices and payments in QuickBooks
- Accurate tracking of vendor invoices and disbursements in QuickBooks
- Communication and issue resolution with Milyli’s customers and vendors
- Depositing of checks and maintaining of bank reconciliations
- Accurate and timely financial reporting through monthly accounting close procedures
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analyses
- Collaboration and communication with individuals in many departments to successfully complete your responsibilities
- Contribution to our Operations team, which supports the needs of our employees and our business
Things to Remember
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we cannot provide relocation assistance.