Accounting & Finance Associate at Morningstar
Morningstar is looking for an MDP to join our Finance team, which is focused on innovation, automation and process improvements. As an Accounting MDP, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our accounts receivable, revenue, accounts payable and general ledger teams. You will not only help support day-to-day operations, but will participate in projects that will help streamline, automate, and create efficiencies for the team. This is a full-time position and is based in our Chicago office in the heart of the Loop.
• Interact with Revenue and Financial Analyst teams to analyze and update data into our internal systems (Oracle/Salesforce/Tableau) feeding into the global forecasting processes.
• Review existing team processes and document standard operating procedures that will be utilized for robotic process automation (RPA) implementations.
• Utilize Tableau for global revenue analysis and metric evaluation; help identify areas for process improvements and training.
• Help with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for systematic enhancements for revenue and billing related processes.
• Assist with billing process; respond to internal and external customer inquiries related to invoice status and issues.
• Prepare monthly accruals and journal entries; perform general ledger account reconciliations and assist with month-end-close activities.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Strong communication and organizational skills; experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Previous experience with Oracle’s accounts receivable, cash management, general ledger, and/or accounts payable modules is a plus.
• Previous experience with Tableau or other Business Intelligence tools is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail, and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent documentation skills to be used in developing audit work papers and completing SOX reviews.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills; interpersonal skills.