Accounting Manager at FOURKITES
Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven startup named one of the 2021 Best Tech Startups In Chicago, that is changing the supply chain industry through real-time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
About the role
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for leading the accounting activities here at FourKites, a fast-growing technology company. The primary responsibilities include managing the monthly/annual close process, defining accounting processes and procedures, filing state sales and use taxes, and interacting with external auditors. The position reports to the Corporate Controller and will play a key role in building the Finance team at FourKites. This person will also be involved in monthly reporting and review and analysis of monthly results with cross-functional teams.
- Lead monthly close with clearly defined responsibilities, processes and timelines
- Coordinate and interact with external auditors for annual audit
- Manage a team of accountants that performs the accounting operational processes including AP, AR and Payroll
- Work with external tax firms to prepare and file all required tax returns and other statutory filings
- File the monthly/quarterly state sales and use tax returns
- Implement internal controls and develop documentation
- Evaluate and implement accounting processes and potential new systems that will support significant business growth
- Establish and maintain policies and control procedures pertaining to all aspects of accounting
- Research and document complex accounting treatments such as ASC606.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed by the business.
- Perform historical and forward-looking financial analysis based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degrees. CPA required.
- 8+ Years of work experience in public accounting or accounting/finance teams of a SaaS company
- Strong technical GAAP accounting knowledge related to typical SaaS company transactions
- Proficiency with Intacct or similar accounting and planning software
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Experience leading monthly close and defining accounting processes and procedures
- Experience filing state sales and use tax returns in multiple states
- Experience working with global teams
- Advanced MS Office skills – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.