Accounting Manager at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
In this role you will help manage accounting related to employee benefits such as Self Insurance and Workers Compensation. You will be partnering with various cross functional teams such as FP&A, Benefits and Payroll to help drive the future direction of employee benefits.
What you get to do in this role:
- Serve as the primary accounting liaison between Broker/Insurance Providers and ServiceNow
- Leverage your deep knowledge of Workers Comp, accounting for Self-Funded Insurance, ESPP accounting, to ensuring appropriate recognition of costs
- Provide leadership and guidance to all the teams in Finance and HR on payroll, benefits, and insurance accounting
- Perform monthly payroll accounting close duties, including preparation of period-end accruals, journal entries, reconciliations and flux analysis for payroll and benefit related accounts
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce time to close and improve accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Manage quarterly and annual audits by interfacing with auditors, ensuring timely completion of supporting schedules related to financials audits
- Challenge the “status quo”. Lead process improvement initiatives to streamline close activities
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong understanding of benefits and Insurance accounting, HIPAA, and regulatory requirements
- 10+ years’ experience in managing accounting related to employee benefits
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting standards, CPA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Prior experience with SAP preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.