Accounting Specialist - Accounting Operations at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Accounting Operations team is a growing sub-team within the Accounting department, responsible for the Accounts Payable, Customer Payable, T&E, and Treasury. Working alongside General Ledger and Financial Reporting, we ensure all invoices are recorded accurately, employees are reimbursed timely and customer refunds are processed appropriately. The Accounting Specialist is a key player on our team, working with both Customer Operations and Benefits team to meet established SLAs. As we move towards becoming a public company, we have lots to learn and lots to build, and we hope you’ll join us during this exciting phase!
What you'll do
- You will handle and process all related travel and employee expense reimbursements within established guidelines and timeframes
- You will work with the Customer Operations team to ensure customer refunds are processed according to established procedure and respond to customer inquiries
- You will process and audit expense reports accurately and timely
- You will train new employees in using Concur Travel and Expense to submit travel and expense reimbursements while enforcing the current travel policies and reimbursement procedures
- You will reconcile corporate credit card transactions and the operational expense account
- You will work with Compliance and Customer Operations to meet state and federal requirements related to unclaimed property
What we look for
- 1 to 2 years of related Travel and Expense experience required, preferably working within a rapidly growing start-up company. Experience with Concur a plus.
- You have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate both written and verbally with exceptional interpersonal skills to eﬀectively interact with employees across the organization
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills with aptitude for prioritizing and multi- tasking
- You are adaptable and will enjoy working on a rapidly growing team
- You are curious and love to find new ways of understanding problems or improving processes
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your thinking clearly