Accounts Payable Analyst at Camelot Illinois
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team
Within Camelot Illinois, the Controller’s Group is responsible for the financial accounting, reporting and controlling activities in line with best practices.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Analyst who has experience working in an entrepreneurial and autonomous environment.
- Manage the Accounts Payable inbox, code, scan and enter invoices into NetSuite
- Control vendor activities, record liabilities and ensure vendor payments are authorized and made in accordance with contract terms and internal procedures
- Process supplier payments via wire transfers, ACH payments, and checks
- Enter ACH payments into Banking Software for manager approval
- Maintain and electronically file correspondence, invoices, check copies, and other records to the document management system
- Continually promote and support the use of Camelot Illinois’s purchasing policy, and prepare relevant reports from the purchasing system
- Identify and escalate inefficiencies and areas/process that could be improved, and help implement improvements and change
- Work with other departments to resolve invoicing issues/questions
- Assist in processing 1099’s.
- Prepare supplier reconciliations, investigating any reconciling items appropriately
- Filing and other ad hoc duties as required
- Assist Senior Financial Accountant as necessary
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable knowledge of accounts payable, general accounting and banking procedures.
- Knowledge of supplier management, reconciliations and query resolution.
- Practical experience of working within a finance team with exposure to a range of responsibilities including responding to internal business queries, responding to vendor queries, invoice and payment posting, journal posting and reconciliation.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Experience and knowledge of Netsuite preferred
- Experience with Purchase Order processes
- Effective decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.