Accounts Payable Manager at Pampered Chef
What Makes Pampered Chef Unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continuing to get better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities in a growing industry. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will collaborate across teams and work closely with our leaders. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
- We are searching for an organized, motivated Accounts Payable Manager to increase department accuracy and efficiency and provide strong leadership to our Accounts Payable department. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the department operates smoothly, maintain accurate and complete records regarding payments to suppliers, consultants, and employees and hire, train, and support Accounts Payable staff members. You will also serve as a liaison between the Accounts Payable department and external parties, including our parent company, consultants and suppliers. Additionally, the Accounts Payable Manager will ensure standardization across our every expanding global footprint.
- A key strategic focus of the Account Payable Manager will be to drive automation, continuously improving the department and enabling the ability to scale the department with the growing Pampered Chef business
- To succeed as an Accounts Payable Manager, you should be focused on optimizing department processes and building lasting relationship with others within and outside of the business. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Manage day to day workload of AP team including team development, onboarding and goal setting
- Select and hire employees for the AP group, trains and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Address performance issues and recommendations for personnel actions. Motivate and reward employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Oversee and execute annual 1099 process
- Oversee global consultant commission payment process
- Project leadership over Accounts Payable automation implementation, driving increased efficiency throughout the organization
- Global vendor management and relationships
- Global bill pay (check disbursements, wire and ACH issuance)
- Primary contact for internal and external partners for all AP manners
- Work with General Ledger team to ensure accurate reporting of month end information and related activities and research required
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies within accounts payable functions
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- 1099 issuance and process improvement leading into 2021
- Onboarding of new international offices into Home Office AP process
- Implementation of continuous improvement throughout department, including but not limited to AP automation and iExpense implementation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing others, specifically within Accounts Payable
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience, Oracle experience preferred
- Experience with software implementation, preferred (iProcurement & iExpense planned for near-term)
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work