Accounts Payable Manager
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the Finance Team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm by adding your financial expertise to our organization and employees, in a rapidly growing environment and team. Additionally, our diverse business streams affords you the unique opportunity to grow across a variety of verticals, engaging you in unique challenges, projects, and technologies.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the AP function across PEAK6’s family of businesses.
- Building out a centralized Accounts Payable department, including defining and implementing the systems, procedures and team members needed to ensure operational excellence and efficiency.
- Redefining and managing bill payment processes to ensure timeliness and operational excellence.
- Building out an effective review process to ensure procedures are in place and policies are followed.
- Creating AP dashboards/reports in Adaptive/NetSuite (for both AP & management).
- Rolling out automation to improve efficiency and accuracy (OCR, workflows, etc).
- Owning vendor/bill review to ensure efficiency and cost savings across the firm.
- Owning the corporate travel program and travel reporting.
- Educating firm employees on proper adherence to policies and procedures.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 7+ years of experience in AP, Controllership and/or Auditing.
- Strong systems experience (NetSuite and Adaptive) with the desire to embrace new technologies and platforms.
- A tech forward approach to managing day to day tasks – we love to automate and make things more efficient and so should you!
- The ability to navigate ambiguity – you won’t know everything and that’s ok! But the ability to research and use your resources is key.
- The desire to take ownership of projects and ideas, while being able to identify gaps and other areas of improvement.
- The ability to adapt to a dynamic and every-changing environment – we are in high growth mode and move quickly to achieve business goals.
- A strong desire to partner and collaborate with various teams across the organization.
- Diligence, attention to details and strong excel skills
- Experience leading an AP function for a large or mid-sized company is a plus
- NetSuite experience is a plus
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Accounts Payable Manager you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program