What Makes Pampered Chef Unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continuing to get better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities in a growing industry. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will collaborate across teams and work closely with our leaders. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Purpose of the Role
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable for the company. This individual will also develop, evaluate, and update processes and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure proper approval and accuracy in processing all Accounts Payable.
- Perform 2-3 way match to PO and processes wire, check and ACH invoices for payments.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned, participating in the month end close process, accruals, audits of various invoices that feed in to Oracle from other systems as it relates to commissions, refunds, fund raisers, travel expense reports (T&E) and the preparation and distribution of supplier 1099's.
- Document and maintain processes and procedures of current and future mode of operation.
- Research and troubleshoot supplier discrepancies, open PO's and Un-invoiced Receipts
Competencies for Success
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Manages Complexity
- Manages Conflict
- Situational Adaptability
Measures of Success
- This role must be highly accurate and able to meet strict deadlines while meeting the highest standard for customer service
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma
- 3 years of business environment experience or a degree with 0-1 year experience in an AP or Finance department.