Accounts Payable Specialist at GoGuardian (Chicago, IL or Remote)
At GoGuardian, we're helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world's greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It's Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity...to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
GoGuardian is looking for a Travel Coordinator/AP Specialist to join our team! *Please note- Will be required to work Pacific Time Hours, M-F. You'll be responsible for managing our internal travel and expense platforms while serving as the primary Travel contact for the entire company.
In this role, you'll own the administration of our employee expense platforms to ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and controls while providing a seamless experience for our employees. In addition to routine collaboration with our Sales and Marketing organizations, you'll play an integral role in helping department heads manage their various travel budgets, whether it be customer onsite visits, employee conference trainings, or team building events. Reporting to the AP Manager, you'll be a member of the Accounting team, ensuring smooth daily operations as the Company continues to grow and scale. In this position, you'll have the opportunity to interact with all levels of the organization.
What You'll Do
- Manage the Company's travel & expense platforms, both as an admin and as end-user support (our coworkers are our customers!)
- Maintain an updated Company Expense Policy, supporting regular revisions and enhancements
- Leverage analytic reporting to determine trends, identify potential misuse, and validate compliance to the policy
- Collaborate inter-departmentally across the organization to support department leaders with budget adherence
- Collaborate externally with vendors to implement system enhancements and provide product feedback
- Create onboarding program and resource documentation to support the long-term scale of the Company's travel platforms
- Conduct user training
- Review daily transactions for proper coding and documentation
- Support various AP functions as required
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate flourishes in the details and has excellent recall. You're excellent at problem-solving, exploring various solutions to achieve efficiency. You're a stickler for adhering to processes, but constantly analyzing ways in which the process can be improved. You are adept at wearing different hats and can rebalance priorities efficiently and easily. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment where no two days are ever the same.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist required
- Must be able to work Pacific Time Hours, M-F 9am-6pm.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative and driving home deliverables
- Team player with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills who has a keen eye for process improvement
- Enterprise SaaS experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Previous experience with Brex, Accrualify, and/or Sage Intacct a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan.
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, giving funds with company match, and more...
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
Plus the intangible:
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.