Accounts Payable Coordinator
As part of the Accounts Payable department, you will be responsible for ensuring that Echo’s carrier’s and partners are provided with the most accurate, efficient, timely and professional feedback and resolutions. Major responsibilities of this position include high volume transactions, invoice resolution, handling in and outbound calls, problem-solving and building relationships internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, continuously seeking ways to improve his/her performance as well as the department.
Emphasis on developing strong partnerships with carriers and peers through proactive, and quality communication and feedback. Expectation to demonstrate carrier advocacy by offering thoughtful solutions and providing valuable feedback.
- Review high volume of vendor invoices, identifying discrepancies, and resolving vendor billing issues
- Communicate necessary issues with involved parties which may include discussions with internal Carrier Sales and Customer Sales reps.
- Identify appropriate course of action required for resolution and to educate all parties involved to prevent a recurrence
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our vendors through timely communication and accuracy of information delivered
- Handles an average of 30+ inbound/outbound calls daily from carriers with a friendly, can-do attitude in an automated call distribution environment
- Monitor the team email during an assigned shift and fulfills requests promptly, utilizing professional and thorough communication skills
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy in carrier payment by being attentive to detail and updating accounts payable/billing system
- Contribute and strengthen the team driven framework of the department with a positive attitude, and a valued commitment to adhere to rules, objectives and guidelines identified by managers
- Team player attitude, within the department as well as collaborating with Echo employees across the organization
- Strong multitasking skills
- Motivated and self-driven to expand knowledge of Accounts Payable processes, Echo, and the transportation industry
- Receptive to new ideas and opportunities
- Comfortable working with new technology software, competent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet navigation
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.