Assistant Controller at PEAK6
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that success is driven by technology and a strong collaborative process. The passion for that idea powers our firm still, 20 years later. As the Assistant Controller at PEAK6, you’ll be integral to managing and maintaining the general ledger for the consolidated entity of PEAK6 and its subsidiary businesses, as well as the consolidation of all entities. This individual will report to the Corporate Controller. Ideal candidates will demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities, maximize process efficiency, drive automation, and improve speed to delivery. Working in the Finance team at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the PEAK6 corporate accounting team of 3-4, as well as align accounting processes working with other corporate accounting teams such as accounts payable, treasury, payroll and FP&A.
- Consolidation of multiple entities; capital contributions and loans down from the parent to subsidiaries; accounting for strategic investments
- Manage the timeliness of the month end close process at corporate and across businesses, including supporting the preparation, review, and finalization of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Maintaining the general ledger and chart of accounts.
- Identifying and driving process improvements, automation and standardization across the controllership function that will result in greater efficiencies as well as decrease exposure to financial misstatements.
- Working with the business unit accountants to ensure monthly and quarterly close processes result in timely and accurate financial statements across the firm.
- Building and maintaining adequate controls in corporate accounting to ensure the accuracy of corporate and businesses financial statements.
- Managing year end audit with external auditors and internal staff.
- Developing and training a skilled, professional accounting staff to build an effective and efficient team.
- Evaluating, managing and maintaining software tools for effective and efficient accounting and financial reporting.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- Strong month end close experience including multi sub consolidations
- US GAAP and FASB knowledge. SEC and PCAOB familiarity a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in complex multi entity organization
- Experience with an ERP system, NetSuite is preferred.
- Cross-functional experience operating in a complex organization.
- Strong project management, planning and organization skills, including ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Strong analytical abilities and perseverance to solve problems with high attention to detail
- Strong commitment to ethics and integrity.