Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for performing audit reviews. Interviews clients, creates process flows and narratives, reviews business processes, identifies and assesses controls, tests key controls, develops findings, and communicates with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
What You’ll Do
- Perform audit reviews and complete assigned audit tasks using department tools, standards and guidelines, delivering high-quality results within established timetables.
- Interview clients.
- Create process flows and narratives.
- Review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings, and communicate with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
How You’ll Do It
With oversight from the Lead and Supervisor:
- Attend walkthrough meetings and document narratives/flowcharts.
- Assist with identification and documentation of risks, controls and tests in the automated work paper system.
- Participate in update meetings with internal audit management.
- Document work papers in accordance with Internal Audit Methodology or direction provided by the lead in a concise and logical manner.
- Understand how applications and related Information Technology (IT) risks and controls support achievement of business processing objectives
Working independently as an Associate:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Internal Audit Methodology by participating in every audit phase, including planning, fieldwork and reporting (e.g., International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) 2013).
- Demonstrate an awareness of the business unit activities under audit.
- Escalate potential findings in a concise format to the audit lead for discussion.
- Follow-up on assigned actions from the audit (status updates and verifications).
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 1+ years of audit, finance, accounting, treasury, risk management, or other work experience in a related field
- Professional certification, such as CIA, CAMS, CRMC, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification (can be in the process of achieving certification)
- Experience with automated work paper system (Pentana)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.